The Informed Engagement Network (IEN) is a journalistic research and content agency that empowers clients to credibly influence decisions and actions. Our approach is built on a foundation of journalistic tenacity and integrity.
We’re a close-knit, collaborative team and have high regard for the unique talents we each contribute to IEN’s success. Our work requires a mix of flexibility and discipline, creativity and practicality. And perhaps most importantly, we share an appreciation for humor when we need it most.
The Content Manager will work with and report to the Vice President of Content Production. The role will be in large part project management but may also consist of editorial or production duties.
The role will initially be focused on helping to create systems for managing the flow of information between both internal and external teams. That could include details on content production proposals, timelines and calendars, pricing and completed content. The organizational work will be aimed at individual projects and also cross-enterprise improvements.
The i.e. network provides a number of services so the person in this role should be comfortable adapting project management skills to a range of execution from content strategy, to research, to content production.
- Identify holes in processes and help develop systems for closing them
- Communicate with staff and contractors including account managers
- Track and record contractor hours
- Create project plans and timelines
- Help ensure staff and contractors are aware of and meet deadlines
- Track completion of work across preproduction, production, and approvals
- Partner with creative and production teams as well as work independently
- Apply project management skills to varied projects including, but not limited to: videos,
- podcasts, webinars, articles, infographics, social media content, content strategy, research
- Meet deadlines, surpass expectations and remain flexible to respond to last-minute needs
- Role may evolve to include writing or content production and/or pricing, scoping or developing
- proposals and briefs
- Role may also include proofreading briefs, SOWs, proposals or other content
- Work on IEN brand messaging and content production
- College degree, preferably in journalism, marketing, advertising, or communications
- 5+ years comparable experience
- Effective listening and communication skills
- Excellent problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
Writing, editing experience
The i.e. network is an equal opportunity employer and offers a benefits package to its employees.